Personal hygiene awareness
- Perform hand hygiene frequently, particularly after contact with respiratory secretions. Hand hygiene includes either cleaning hands with soap and water or with an alcohol based hand rub.
- Social distancing of one meter. Do not kiss or shake hands in greeting.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a flexed elbow or paper tissue when coughing or sneezing and disposing immediately of the tissue and performing hand hygiene.
- Refrain from touching eyes, mouth and nose.
- If you are healthy, you need to wear a mask only if you are taking care of a person with respiratory infection, or if you yourself are coughing or sneezing.
- Increase general cleanliness in offices. Clean surfaces like desks and banisters with soap and water.
- Clean telephone sets and hand screens with alcohol wipes
- Use paper towels in toilets
- Have covered bins to dispose paper towels and tissues
- Maintain good indoor ventilation
- Avoid sharing food, crockery, utensils and other personal hygiene items
- Avoid physical contact such as shaking hands and avoid touching your face or rubbing your eyes
- Maintain good personal hygiene, including hand washing with soap and water, or the use of alcohol-based hand rubs
- Wash hands properly with soap and water. The constant rubbing action helps soap break down the grease and dirt that carry most germs. Wash hands for at least 20 to 30 seconds with soap and water .
- Avoid crowded places.